HCS Wall of Fame
The Hammondsport Central School District Wall of Fame was established in 2005, with the first induction ceremony held in March of that year. The Wall of Fame is broken down into the following three categories:
Lifetime Achievement - former students who have attended Hammondsport Schools and who have performed significant, out-of-the-ordinary accomplishments in the world at large; have contributed to the well-being of their communities, and have reached 40 years of age.
Athletic Achievement - graduates of the district who have performed significant, out-of-the-ordinary athletic accomplishments beyond high school; have contributed to the well-being of their communities; and have reached 40 years of age.
Gold Star - graduates who lost their lives in the line of duty in the Armed Forces of the United States. Gold Star names will be added as they are verified.
Dick McCandless Distinguished Service Award
What is it? An annual award recognizing excellence in service, performance, character and overall contribution to the Hammondsport Central School District.
Who: The successful recipient:
- May be a Hammondsport School District Parent, Resident, Business Owner, or Community Organization as a whole.
- Former HSCD employees who have not worked for the District for at least three years.
- Former Board of Education members who have not served on the Board of Education for at least three years.
Criteria: The successful recipient:
- Has made extraordinary contributions to the lives of Hammondsport students, staff, or the District overall.
- Has had a profound positive effect on the students of Hammondsport Central School.
- Is still involved in a variety of activities and services within the District.
- Is supportive of students, staff, and the District.
- Has never received this DMDSA previously.
Nomination: Any resident, student, or staff member of the Hammondsport Central School may nominate someone for the award.